And this week couldn't be any easier for such a discussion! The weather up here ALONE has made it so unbearable to just exist, as I skulk between the insides of anything in order to keep from freezing in the below zero temps of the last couple weeks. The part that's even more ridiculous is that it looks so pretty outside when it's that cold. Truly. Things just look "crisp" (for lack of a better word) and typically the sun is bright, and reflecting off the snow.
But all you really have to do to be jolted back into reality is look toward the sky to see the exhaust coming from one of the buildings and how it literally hangs in the sky, dark and thick as though it were contaminated. But it's not- it's just frozen. This is NOT the winter of my youth my friends. It's a WHOLE nother animal and it's no house cat, let me tell you! And while the omniscient Midwestern meteorologists (NOT!) are predicting a Minnesota heat wave for Monday (that means upper 20's Mom), I am unfortunately aware that winter typically does not end here until sometime in April...or May.Anyway, I'm also glad for this particular Friday, as Monday (my least favorite day) happens to be the MLK holiday- which we Federal employees always have off. And what do I plan to do on my 3-day weekend?? Please refer to the second sentence of this discussion, above.
Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment